Site History

Previously sited on the Millstone River, the Bachman Wilson House was set back from the street and neighboring historic houses. The property was originally the site of a country inn known as the “Millstone House” operated by J. Voorhees, but was destroyed by fire in 1928. The foundation of the inn can still be found on site, and a 17th century timber frame barn, converted as the studio for Tarantino Architect has been relocated on the same foundation of the original barn.